THE PRINCIPLES OF PRIVACY
We are committed to protecting your personal privacy. Our Principles of Privacy summarize that commitment. We understand that for you to take full advantage of the benefits of this interactive medium, we must do everything we can to ensure that your privacy is secure.
- The OtherWorlders IRC Network may log any and or all of the following: connections to and from the server(s), users ip addresses, channels joined and/or created, nicks used, CTCP commands, initial DCC commands, notices, private messages, channels and any other commands and files that pass through our servers and network.
- The OtherWorlders IRC Network does require all registered users (having a registered nick) to maintain a valid email address within the NickServ database.
- All logs, ip addresses, and email address are not made public or given/sold to 3rd parties at anytime without a court order. They are only used for internal audits and communications. The sole exception is channel logs which by their nature are public communications unless the channel is specifically moded otherwise.
- The exact reasons for server or network bans are not disclosed to anyone other than the person who was banned unless that person authorizes the release of said information to another party.
- We will keep you informed, clearly and prominently, about what we do with your personal information, and we will advise you if we change our policy.